My car all decorated cute.
Van #2 - Carrie, Patty, Allison, Kris, Liz and myself
Mary passing off to Kris - that's the van exchange.
Kris passing off to Patty
Kris, Patty and Allison looking so lovely in the car.
Me, after I did my first leg. Don't I look hot??? (In more ways than one?)

In the middle of the night - again looking oh so lovely with a head lamp!
Kris after walking at about 2:30 am.
Van #1 - Susan, Temple (yes, that's her name - I kept calling her Twinkle though!), Angie and Mary - Allison and Lara in the background
Here I come!
Finished... and still alive!


We survived! 127 miles; 28 hours, 11 minutes, 48 seconds. Averaging a 13:16 minute mile - not me, mine is closer to 15 minutes... but we have some ladies on our team who are crazy (and have much longer legs than I do!) and walk about a 12 minute mile. We came in 33rd out of 145 female teams. We got no sleep - ok, maybe an hour, really doesn't count... does it? Smelled a WHOLE LOT!!! Ate a bunch of junk! And would we do it again... you betcha!

Lesson I learned this year though, training really helps! I wanted to do the last leg... the glory leg. Be the one to go into the beach, with all the cheers. But I tell you, by the time it got to the last leg, and everyone had already done their second leg, I so didn't want to do it! I was so tired and out of sorts. I just sort of strolled along. Probably about a 15 1/2 minute mile (5.25 miles), when my first round was closer to 14 minutes (4.89 miles). I was tired, sore, and having a problem breathing by the time I came in because I was so overwhelmed by the whole thing. But I'd still do it again... just remember the whole training thing!

Now, it's just on to Back to School Night (s - I've got two schools to go to), and then school starting next week. Still so much going on!

 
Top