unfortunately, it doesn't heart me back! So, I went to see my doctor the other day, and she informed me that indeed I am diabetic. 37, not overweight (granted I would gladly lose 5-10 pounds, but only because I'd like to... not because I NEED to), healthy, active, none of the stereotypical "diabetes" symptoms... and I'm still diabetic. A girl who could almost live on Pepsi and Gummi Bears (but only the ones in the gold bag!). Pasta and bread too... and now I'm being told that I forever after have to be on a low-carb, pretty much no-sugar diet. Well, that's one way to lose those 5-10 pounds. Not necessarily the way I want to do it... but it should still work.

So now I am supposed to be testing my blood about 7 times a day (the needle-phobic person that I am... let me tell you, this sits really well with me) and totally watching what I eat, and refusing all the cookies and crackers that Reed tries to put in my mouth.

I know that it sounds like I am making a joke of the whole thing, but it's the only way I can cope with it right now. The doctor gave me some medicine to take to help my glucose levels, and it made me sick as a dog for about 3 days, so I had to stop taking it. Now, dealing, and getting by one day at a time is how it's going to work for me. And hopefully, when I see her again in a month to check in, she will tell me that the whole thing was a lie, I'm really not diabetic, and she was just putting me on a diet to lose those 5-10 pounds! Keep your fingers crossed... it could work!
 
Top