today- a question...


do you ever wonder if you leave a little *moment* of yourself in someone else's life?


does this even make sense?

i had a lovely little *moment* with my girls, & a wonderful old man, who had a stall at a local car boot sale this past sunday morning...

he was delightful...he made the girls smile...he made my boot sale wandering just perfect...

from Newcastle {for my Aussie friends- that's Newcastle as in tassle- not Newcastle as in parcel!}

he was old school gorgeous...

started his chat with us, with the inevitable "your a long way from home love!?" & when we left his little stall, having spent all of a pound he called after us: "whenever you use those- just think of me love..."



we'd bought a silver serving spoon & a vintage tape measure for my bag- i like to carry one just in case...you know....

& his replaced my fleuro-ugly very practical hardeware store one-...

he told me it was "the pick of his stash"...that i knew my "tape measures"....how could i not love him!



so...do we ever do this for someone else? 
give them a moment of ourselves that they reflect back on?


i know, without a doubt, that every time i use my serving spoon, or my tape measure, that i will think of this lovely old man...voice & all, from Newcassel...

thankyou  sir...you made my boot sale-ing morning!

totally....xx



~~~~~~~~~

P.S

i'm quite liking giving you my little *almost-autumn-but-still-not-in-my-boots* updates

here's Sunday morning's fashion fix...
not glamorous i grant you- but real & but perfect for a boot sale lookie with the gals 
&
a Sunday arvo of movies & photographs with my big gal!




a life made lovely

enjoy it here





 
Top