coastal farming- where our love of the ocean lives alongside our love of the countryside....


brought up on the coast- salty sandy feet...freckles on the nose...& now thrown into the gorgeous

countryside with wellies at the door...it makes for a lovely way to live...

it makes for a house of treasured collected pieces that make up these two sides of our life...







i now have *two passions* for how i want us to live- and *coastal farming* seems to encompass 


them both...


if i could find us a little farm on the coast somewhere- that's where i'd see out my days...

we could have horses for *the girls*...a football pitch for *the boy*...

& an ocean for *us all*...



so...till that little piece of heaven falls into my lap...


i am surrounding us with *a way of living* that embraces that...


seashells & french farm chairs...

drifted wood & farm milk crates...




it gives me a sense of *what we've done* moving abroad...

a balance of what is now *the two sides of my heart*...

what now *makes up our children*...





my surroundings are paramount to my daily attitude...


i'd like to say i don't mind how we *live*...

that it's not important how *things look*...

that i'm just happy we're all here together...but that would be quite a lie- i admit it...

the rest of my life is good...really good, when i'm visually surrounded by things that i love...

the things that make me smile...that remind me of wonderful memories...

if it all looks good...i feel good...

shallow? not in my book...content....absolutely




i can be momentarily flippant- when i flick through a magazine & see a wonderfully modern, simply

laid out room- for just that second- i think aaahhh perfect- that's what we need...

we've all had those moments...

i can fall in love with a whallop of totally different looks as i flick through one magazine, but i know

what rocks my boat...what makes our house our home...



so...as i can't give up my milk crates...or my array of white farm chairs...or my treasured shells...

or my drift wood collection...or my french farm crates...or my striped cushions...or my collection of

beach frocks...i have decided that *coastal farming* is the way we shall live with, or without, that little

place of heaven on the ocean front...




a bikini & hunter wellies- now there's a fashion statement to represent our house!

happy weekend lovely bloggy friends

i have something really really really big to share on monday

&

i just may need you a little more than usual

xxx








x o x o x








 
Top