Today I'm taking a look at draughty floors!! Stripped floorboards look brilliant in many homes, as do stone and tiled floors, however, when it comes to winter they types of flooring at be cold on the feet.

An inexpensive and on-trend way to deal with this issue to use large rugs. They'll help your feet stay warm and are (in my opinion) far easier to keep clean than fitted carpets. I have to admit that once I read about how many bugs, the amount of dirt and grime which fitted carpets harbour I no longer have fitted carpets and I don't recommend them to anyone.

I do use cheap rugs in most rooms. They're a great way to add colour and different textures. It's also a good idea to have rugs for the different seasons. Keep the darker colours for winter as they show less marks and use paler shades to give rooms an instant lift and pick-me-up in spring and summer.

We can't all afford, nor have the time to redecorate every year, yet if you change your curtains and add floor rugs you can give your home a new dimension at least twice a year – it's also a great way of keeping your home topped-up with the latest interior design trends and colours.

Image: Decorology

 
Top