evening girls...

back from ikea, in front of the fire, glass of wine in hand, thinking all things festive...


 i love love love the planning...the lead up...the list making before Christmas...


but {this year}, as you know, i am leaving most of the *doing* to others...


not that i can't enjoy a few Christmas goodies that will be easily shoved in packed in my suitcase



don't know how you gals work...let me know...i love christmas banter!

i start with a colour theme that revolves around white & silver...& usually add my fave colour


blue...

but this year i have had a yearning for just a good whallop of red...red...& more red...

i think for me, red represents everything i love about england...

it's a heart warming, snuggly, cosy up kinda colour...to me it's england in winter...




so i've chosen my colour for this year- our last in england...

i've been to ikea with the B.B {British Bestie} today & topped up on red & white...

& i've bought way too many metres just enough beautiful red & white ribbon to start me getting

organised & ready to play wrap the piles in brown paper bags in my sewing room...



 if you have an ikea in your country in driving distance- i recommend you hot foot it there...


i'm home to late to show you all my goodies today- i had a fire to light & a chook to fill full of garlic

& to shove in the oven...

i'll leave the show & tell till monday...

but suffice to say- the christmas shop is finished off with a last dash at the food store, which now

carries very very very cool bottles of mulled wine...

will let you know how this goes down too- if nothing else the bottle make for gorgeous decoration...






so that's it from me

in all things ribbon

&

red & white
~~~

see ya monday for some christmas decor inspiration!

...happy weekend gals...

xox


 
Top