I've never gone to a Black Friday event ever. My mom is an expert though and likes to work alone, as though I'd even have the opportunity to go with her anyway seeing as we're 1,300 miles apart. For the event though, I hear layers and comfort are key to a successful morning. In honor of this crazy day, I've prepared this post as a sample outfit idea for all you brave souls who are going out to the front lines of the retail war.

My idea for the perfect Black Friday outfit is a Chambray Shirt, jeans, boots, scarf and a warm, yet adorable coat. I imagine for the shopping you'll need something you can throw on and off in order to try things on because fitting rooms are not an option, I assume. Another reason for the cool coat is to make you easier to spot if you become separated from your group.

I am the type of girl where if my coat has a pocket that is meant for my wallet, I am going to use it. I also would just say purses are off limits when hoards of people are trying to get the last flat screen TV for cheap. I think that if you're a die-hard Black Friday shopper, then you're outside waiting in line and in that case, you should have friends or family bring you sustenance in the form of Thanksgiving leftovers at 2:00am.

I think Black Friday is hilarious.  My dad, dog and I would sit and watch the chaos from the comfort of our car with hot chocolate. My mom would come back to the car telling stories of her valiant effort in getting gloves that were $20 for $1 or the Wii she snatched from someones unattended cart (whoever that was, if you are reading this I am so sorry, but why would you leave your cart with no one there to watch it...come on). Whatever your reason is for being part of the madness, godspeed and good luck.

Coat: The North Face
Shirt: Aerie
Tank: Forever 21
Jeans;Old Navy
Scarf: H&M
Boots: Uggs
Belt: Target
 
Top